FAQ for Updated Vonage Business Cloud Terms of Service
Effective Date: August 9, 2018
Updated Vonage Business Terms?
We have posted an updated version of our Vonage Business Terms and Conditions (“Updated Vonage Business Cloud TOS”) to Vonage’s Legal Policy Page at https://www.vonage.com/business/legal-policy-center/business-cloud/tos/. Once they become effective, these updated Vonage Business Terms will apply to all of the Business Cloud services and equipment ordered by that customer from Vonage Business Inc. They will replace the prior version of the Business Terms and Conditions (dated January 22, 2018), which is available by clicking here.
- What are the changes? The key changes are summarized and referenced at Summary of Key Changes below. Additionally, and generally, the numbering and bulleted formatting have been corrected.
- Why are we making these changes? Since we introduced the terms, we believed it beneficial to both parties to clarify or add specificity to several terms and address and update other matters which are intended to facilitate the customer experience with Vonage and Vonage Services.
- Will this change my service in any way? These changes to the Vonage Business Cloud TOS will not affect your current service (including the features and pricing of your current service plan). Once these new Business Terms are effective, the effect is to change or add terms to the terms of your service contract with Vonage.
- What if my current service contract includes addenda or amendments with terms that amended or supplemented Vonage’s Business Cloud TOS then in effect at the time? Those amendments and supplemental terms applicable to your current service contract will carry over and continue to apply to the updated Business Terms once they take effect. When applied to the updated Vonage Essentials TOS, any such prior amendments and supplemental terms will be construed to reflect and implement the parties’ original intentions, unless you and Vonage Business otherwise agree in writing.
- When is the updated TOS effective? The updated TOS is effective as the “Effective Date” noted on the front page of the updated TOS.
- Is there anything I have to do? There is no action required on your part.
Summary of Key Changes
|Section Changed||Summary of Changes||Section of New Terms||Section of Prior Terms|
|Definitions||Modified definition of “Customer Equipment” to include language regarding rentals.||Definitions; Customer Equipment||--|
|Definitions||Removed ‘Equipment Rental Agreement’ definition as language regarding rentals has been included in other TOS provisions.||Definitions; Equipment Rental Agreement||--|
|Definitions||Added definition for Shipping and Handling||Definitions; Shipping and Handling||N/A|
|Definitions||Modified definition of “Vonage Business Equipment” to include language regarding rentals.||Definitions; Vonage Business Equipment||--|
|Equipment||Addresses terms under which Vonage Business Equipment rented, leased, loaned or otherwise provided by Vonage Business - including replacement costs and return responsibilities.||8. b) i.-iv.||--|
|Equipment||Removed sub-provision v. as language is now covered in above sections.||8. b) i.-iv.||8. b) v.|
|Service Term and Service Cancellation.||Clarified and bolded customer responsibilities upon termination of Services.||10. b)||--|
|Billing, Credit, Deposits and Payment.||Modified language to clarify what charges/fees are payable upon invoice receipt.||11 iv.||--|
|Billing, Credit, Deposits and Payment.||Modified language to include delinquent payment processes and responsibilities - previously included in subsection viii.||11 vi.||viii.|
|Billing, Credit, Deposits and Payment.||Removed entire subsection, as it was duplicative, and moved relevant language to subsection viii as indicated above.||11 vi.||11. viii|
|Taxes and Fees||Clarified to which types of numbers taxes and fees will apply||12||--|
|Ancillary Services||Added new sub-provision to explain certain training and support services packages.||17. e)||N/A|
|Default and Remedies||Amended remedies when there is a service level agreement in place||27 c)||--|
|Force Majeure||Clarified that Denial of Service Attacks comprise a Force Majeure event||39 b)||39|
|Notice||Amended Vonage Business Notice Section||39 e)||30 e)|