FAQ for Updated Vonage Business Cloud Terms of Service
Effective Date: January 22, 2018
Updated Vonage Business Terms?
We have posted an updated version of our Vonage Business Terms and Conditions (“Updated Vonage Business Cloud TOS”) to Vonage’s Legal Policy Page at https://www.vonage.com/business/legal-policy-center/business-cloud/tos/. Once they become effective, these updated Vonage Business Terms will apply to all of the Business Cloud services and equipment ordered by that customer from Vonage Business Inc. They will replace the prior version of the Business Terms and Conditions (dated November 1, 2016), which is available at https://www.vonage.com/business/legal-policy-center/business-cloud/tos-nov2016/.
- What are the changes? The key changes are summarized and referenced at Summary of Key Changes below. Additionally, and generally, the numbering and bulleted formatting have been corrected.
- Why are we making these changes? Since we introduced the terms in November 2016, we believed it beneficial to both parties to clarify or add specificity to several terms and address and update other matters which are intended to facilitate the customer experience with Vonage and Vonage Services.
- Will this change my service in any way? These changes to the Vonage Business Cloud TOS will not affect your current service (including the features and pricing of your current service plan). Once these new Business Terms are effective, the effect is to change or add terms to the terms of your service contract with Vonage.
- What if my current service contract includes addenda or amendments with terms that amended or supplemented Vonage’s Business Cloud TOS then in effect at the time? Those amendments and supplemental terms applicable to your current service contract will carry over and continue to apply to the updated Business Terms once they take effect. When applied to the updated Vonage Essentials TOS, any such prior amendments and supplemental terms will be construed to reflect and implement the parties’ original intentions, unless you and Vonage Business otherwise agree in writing.
- When is the updated TOS effective? The updated TOS is effective as the “Effective Date” noted on the front page of the updated TOS.
- Is there anything I have to do? There is no action required on your part.
Summary of Key Changes
|Section Changed||Summary of Changes||Section of New Terms||Section of Prior Terms|
|Document Title||Vonage Essentials is now Vonage Business Cloud (Effective 1/22/2018)||N/A||N/A|
|Sales Agreement||Added new language surrounding addition of services via addenda.||2||2|
|Equipment||Added subsections iv. and v. regarding customer responsibility for equipment return fees and special installation costs.||8 iv. and v.||N/A|
|Software||New provision outlining Customer’s responsibilities to implement fixes, updates, upgrades and replacements of Software and Third Party Software as directed by Vonage Business or by the third party providers of Third-Party Software.||9. e)||N/A|
|Service Term and Service Cancellation||New language to subsection a) speaking to agreements between Vonage and the Customer that have term commitments. New subsection d) regarding Customer’s obligations to cease using services upon termination.||10. a) and d)||10. a) and N/A|
|Billing, Credit, Deposits and Payment||Added new provisions vii. Surrounding credit approvals, and viii. regarding payment of invoices.||11. vii. And viii.||--|
|Fraudulent Use of Service||Modified provision regarding Customer’s responsibilities for any and all activities that occur under Customer’s account.||20||20|
|Changes to Services||New provision explaining Vonage Business’ right to remove, add, modify or reduce features and functions of the Services, and to provide fixes, updates and upgrades to the Services with or without notification to Customer.||26||--|
|Warranty Disclaimer||Added language regarding liability for incompatible equipment.||29||27|
|Local Number Portability||Added language to subsection a) ii. regarding information requirements to transfer numbers.||34 a) ii.||32|
|Vonage-Provided Telephone Numbers||Added new provision regarding the ownership of Vonage telephone numbers.||36||--|
|Electronic Recording||Added new provision regarding compliance with federal and state laws while using recording services.||37||--|
|Right to Review Use of Services||New provision allowing Vonage Business the right to review and monitor Customer’s use of the Service for Agreement compliance.||38||--|
|General||Added subsection r) [for Canadian Customers] Customer agrees that English is the choice of language governing the Parties’ relationship.||39. r)||--|