Dreamforce’s opening keynote is always a highlight of the week, and this year was no exception, kicking off with a traditional Hawaiian blessing and hula dance, and featuring customers from 21st Century Fox, to Girl Scouts and Adidas, who all shared how Salesforce has transformed their businesses.
Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff also announced Salesforce’s new strategic partnership with Google to offer customers smarter, more collaborative experiences. The partnership will deliver new integrations that connect Salesforce with Google Analytics 360 and G Suite.
Businesses will now be able to seamlessly connect sales, marketing and advertising data across Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics 360, enabling them to benefit from smarter engagement from awareness through to conversion and retention.
Some other things we learned:
- The Salesforce Economy will create 3.3 million jobs and contribute approximately $859 billion in new business revenue by 2022 click to tweet
- In ’24 hours in the life of Salesforce’, we saw some incredible stats such as 600m commerce page views, 260m social posts and 3m orders
- Salesforce is the #1 CRM in the cloud and in service and marketing. And the fastest software company to grow to $12.5b in revenue click to tweet
- 1.2m pairs of Adidas shoes are sold every day, using Salesforce. Kasper Rørsted, CEO of Adidas took to the stage wearing 3D printed shoes click to tweet
- Salesforce carried out salary audits this year to ensure equal pay for equal work
- Benioff strongly believes that every child deserves a world-class education and is donating $100k to local schools
- With Salesforce’s 1-1-1 model, the company has so far reported 2.3m volunteer hours click to tweet
- Over 3,000 companies have adopted the Pledge 1-1-1 model click to tweet
- There are 2,700 sessions at Dreamforce this year! click to tweet
That’s a wrap for day one. What were your highlights from the keynote? Share your thoughts with us below or on Twitter @NewVoiceMedia