We are seeking a UI designer to focus on standards and consistency across Vonage's products and services. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining design systems, and helping product designers and front end engineers to apply them across Vonage's products and services.
The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Vonage’s high standards and design aesthetic.
- You will help the web components infrastructure team meet developers’ high expectations for quality and familiarity by applying system-provided interface elements, icons, text styles, and uniform terminology to innovative new features; work across dev/product design teams to identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns; develop and maintain a pattern library and documentation; and advocate for UI standards and accessibility with input from the head of design, design peers, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- You're an advocate for visual and behavioral consistency, and you'll help develop Vonage's Human Interface Guidelines.
- Mediate design teams and web dev team considering design guidelines and web solutions & best practices.
- You can spot opportunities to apply standards to new features, but know and support when it's time for the playbook to evolve.
- You identify new design trends emerging in the design community, and find significant ways to incorporate them into Vonage's design language.
- 3+ years of design experience focused on unifying UI and UX design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing, maintaining, and gaining adoption of pattern libraries.
- Maintaining Vonage's design aesthetic and interaction patterns.
- Knowledge of dom, html, css, box-model.
- Familiarities with design system patterns.
- Ability to design while considering anatomy of elements in mind.
- A proven ability to cultivate an environment of ego-less teamwork and cooperation, and build partnerships across multiple design organizations.
- Ability to create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation, and organize them into libraries that are easy and enjoyable for other designers to use.
- Extraordinary ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, and similar tools.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
- Fluent in English
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience