Vonage Engineering Mission
Are you passionate about WebRTC development? Do you have experience developing with Chromium, WebRTC, and highly performant SDKs? Is C/C++ is your language of choice? If yes, you'll love this!
As one of our WebRTC engineers, you’ll join our core engineering team and use your experience in WebRTC and C/C++ development to work on the OpenTok cross-platform library (OTKIT) and JS SDK.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Participating in development and maintenance of the OpenTok SDK code base.
- Contribute to software architecture for real-time media streaming and quality optimizations.
- Engaging in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, including research-oriented exploratory programming, design, implementation, testing, debugging, and data-driven impact analysis
- Designing new APIs to solve specified requirements, and provides feedback on API design
- Conducting continuous analysis to measure and improve the SDK performance (e.g. CPU, Memory, connectivity latency, etc.)
- Working with the cloud, testing, and support teams to ensure performance, quality, and simplicity of use of the SDK.
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years professional experience as full-time software engineer.
- Extensive software development experience WebRTC and Chromium codebase.
- Understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network reliability:
- Client-server architectures, algorithms, thread and memory management systems, and data pipeline optimization:
- Documentation of decision-making process for previous software design portfolio.
- Enjoys communicating with others and is always eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.