Now a Vonage company, Nexmo is an emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, has built its successful global sales teams on individuals who possess tech savviness, superior customer relationship skills.
Our sales organization spans across EMEA, APAC and AMER and includes Mid-Market and Key Account Managers , and Pre-Sales functions. Last year was an exciting year of growth for the team, and we’re continuing our rapid market expansions in 2019 and 2020.
More recently, we have enriched our breadth of communication channels further through Vonage’s addition of world leading Video API s. In line with this expansion, we are building out our solutions group, looking for skilled, customer- focused individuals to join us. .
Why this role matters
As a Technical Customer Solutions Manager you’ll collaborate with customers, sales, solutions architects and engineers at delivering challenging communication solutions. Working with the customer and internal key stakeholders, you will be the key communication channel during the test to production sales cycle, and remain a technical touch point to our Enterprise clients. Using your consultative approach, you are a key provider of our Enterprise technical services suite, such as project management, implementation and deployment, configuration and customer training.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Technology: 7+ years of experience in Enterprise Technology (SaaS, API, Video, Cloud, Storage, Data or Security). Experience in supporting clients using Messaging, UC/RTC, WebRTC, Storage, Security or CRM solutions in SaaS or PaaS models. Enterprise technology
- Coordination and process: Proven experience in coordinating sales and pre-sales consultancy teams as well as navigating business operation, engineering, support units.
- Partnering with Solutions Architect: You know how to push your function value forward to the benefit of the solution and promote your efforts proactively.
- Project Management: managing a virtual implementation project with the client and internally.
- Customer relations: experienced in liaising with both a technical and business focused audience, knowing when and how to adopt approach.
- Organizational skills, and the ability to work with a number of accounts simultaneously, setting priorities and demonstrating strong time management.
- Accountability and Ownership: often fulcrum to activity, you are a dependable resource to both the customer and Nexmo. You understand what must be achieved and covered to make things happen. You naturally take control of initiatives.
- Business astute: through your day to day interaction with the customer, exposure to their problems and challenges, you are able to spot upsell opportunities, which you direct to the respective account manager
- Technical Relationship Management: Building relationships within your accounts is a priority to you and you’ll have built solid relationships with mid and senior level executives across business and technology teams.
- High touch program management because of your close engagement and familiarity with the accounts, you understand the steps that mitigate churn risk, prioritize new product adoption which can pose ‘risk’ – and instinctively know when to invoke close monitoring, high touch programs.
- Self managing. Our CSMs conduct their business as if it was their own, are natural self–starters, and are assertive when it comes to setting boundaries of expectations and demands put on you from other interfacing departments. You know when and when not to escalate and are not shy in asking for help.
What you'll bring
- Steering clients towards new generation Communication, API’s, UC/RTC, Video, Contact Centre or CRM solutions in SaaS or PaaS models.
- Demonstrating diplomacy in your interactions with clients and Nexmo executives. Using your creativity and curiosity to suggest new and alternative ways of approaching problems
- Confident in face to face customer engagement, ability to lead internal and external meetings
- Your proactive stance means you spot the risk of client and business churn, setting processes in motion to bring resolution.
- Instilling trust and loyalty into the customer base.
- Handling conflict confidently and professionally.
- You work well both independently and collaboratively across the business.
What's required for application
- You have worked in an API based technological environment. You have knowledge of the telecommunications industry and are aware of how telco technology has evolved.
- A customer driven focus and the ability to quickly pivot in a fast paced environment.
- A tech savvy mind, with a good understanding of the trends driving innovation in technology, particularly in mobile, cloud and consumer areas
- You dabbled in code writing and feel confident in acting as a technical account manager.
- You independently tackle challenges and don’t need anyone to keep you on track.
- You possess a natural flair for dealing with people, are a good listener and know how to influence clients and coworkers.
- A thirst for knowledge and a strong interest in evolving technology.
- Familiarity with Github, Jira, Tableau and SFDC.
- The willingness and ability to travel depending on region demands.
- Experienced in running and participating in customer workshops.
In addition to being fluent in Korean and English you may also master another language: Cantonese ,Mandarin, Japanese.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.