Does Your Customer Engagement Strategy Translate to All Markets?
We asked 5,000 consumers in 14 countries how they like to interact with businesses like yours—and how they don’t. Find out what they told us in our annual Global Customer Engagement Report.
What's the number one frustration for most consumers when engaging with businesses?Having to repeat themselves to different people—66% of consumers globally put it at the top of their lists.
The most preferred channel for connecting with businesses is mobile phone callsBut it's preferred by only about one-third of all consumers. How do the other two-thirds want to connect?
- Email: 18%
- Landline calls: 11%
- In-app messaging and calling: 11%
- Messaging apps: 10%
- SMS: 4%
- Other: 10%
No two countries share the same communications behavior or expectationsEven those within the same region. Here are just a few examples of the global fragmentation in channel preferences.
- 64% of consumers in Mexico prefer to connect with businesses using WhatsApp over other messaging channels
- 43% of consumers in Brazil prefer WhatsApp
- 39% prefer SMS in the UK, U.S., Canada, and Australia
- 37% in China prefer WeChat
- 28% in Japan prefer Line
- 71% of consumers in China use video chat—more than anywhere else in the world
- 33% use video in the U.S.—although usage has tripled in the past 5 years.
We're re-engaging with 5,000 consumers across the globe in response to the unprecedented challenges posed by the global pandemic. We know communication looks wildly different than it did just a few months ago, so the time is now to truly understand how consumer communication preferences have been impacted and what it means for your organization from this moment forward.