A Guide to Verifying Users in E-Commerce
- How phone verification protects both buyers and sellers with as little friction as possible
- How phone verification works
- When you should use phone verification
- How e-commerce companies verify users with Vonage
- CTOs and CIOs
- Chief digital officers
- Enterprise decision-makers
- Customer experience leads
- IT managers
- Small- and medium-sized business owners
A Guide to Verifying Users in Ecommerce
E-commerce platforms have conquered the consumer market. The convenience of online and on-demand shopping is fueling their growth with total global e-commerce sales expected to reach $4 trillion in 2020.
But as a fast-growing e-commerce platform facilitating transactions between hundreds of thousands of customers around the world, how can you securely verify users at global scale without sacrificing a smooth experience? In 2018 there were 14.4 million victims of fraud in the US alone and while overall rates fell 15%, a new breed of fraud is on the rise and e-commerce platforms are among the biggest targets. Malicious actors have turned their attention away from credit card fraud to higher-impact fraud such as new account fraud, account takeovers, and digital payment fraud. Learn how to prevent fraud in this guide.
Download the ebook to read more.