VP of Developer Relations & Design - Remote (UK/USA East Coast)
VP of Developer Relations & Design
At Vonage, we believe that great developer platforms are built through a combination of product development best practices and a passion for supporting developer communities around the world. This role provides an opportunity to execute on this vision through the leadership of multi-functional teams consisting of Product Design, Developer Experience & Developer Relations roles.
This is an opportunity to support, empower, grow and scale a highly respected global, distributed and diverse Platform & Developer Experience team consisting of Product Managers, Technical Writers and Developer Advocates through the continuous transformation and growth of Vonage.
- Deliver the vision of “The Product is the Experience”
- Encourage and guide the team in their support of developer communities around the world and to use the knowledge the team gains to build amazing developer experience
- Support, enable and champion the Platform & Developer Experience initiatives at Vonage, covering API standards, documentation, sample code, server SDKs, client SDK experience and customer dashboards
- Drive the integrated experience vision of the Vonage Video API (formerly OpenTok TokBox) into the Vonage API Platform (formerly Nexmo)
- Define the platform experience short-term and multi-year strategic vision and goals in collaboration with product teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with other product portfolio and department leads (Engineering, Marketing, Support, Sales, Finance, HR) across the business to define and execute strategic priorities
- Ensure decisions are made by combining data and vision, and that success can be clearly measured and communicated to stakeholders
- Empathy is one of your core beliefs. It is essential within our company and in the communities we serve. If problems arise, you’ll assume good intent and push forward to fix it
- Experience engaging, developing and owning global developer communities - as well as cultivating and advocating for developer-related technologies at a senior level, with hand-on experience of building developer-facing products such as APIs/SDKs
- Proven experience of working in an enterprise organisation and managing stakeholders across multiple cross-functional departments
- A combined experience of 5+ years leading teams focused on APIs across product, developer experience, or developer relations
- Experience of leading a team distributed across multiple time zones
- 15% travel will likely be required with this role
- Medical coverage
- Dental & Eye cover
- Retirement plan/pension
- Income protection
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible working hours
- Company bonus
- Restricted Stock Units
- And much more!
Potential Next Career Move: Senior VP of Developer Relations & Design
Inclusion and Fairness at Vonage
At Vonage, we celebrate diversity, as it is in the best interest of our employees, customers, and community to do so! Vonage is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all, including equivalent pay, and will not discriminate against an applicant or an employee based on gender/gender identity, race, color, ancestry/ethnicity, religion/conviction of belief, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, political beliefs, family status and any other category protected by applicable law. If you would like to see a copy of our EEO policy, or if you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].