How does Vonage measure contact center performance, availability, and reliability?
The Vonage Contact Center solution is designed to detect and handle failure. Globally, we sample over 1,000 metrics across the production environment - measuring user experience and contact center service performance, generating more than 14,000 data points per second that are monitored in real time to assure availability. Our automated systems review the metrics, trigger auto-recovery actions, or alert engineers for deeper analysis when necessary. Platform analysis is in operation 24x7, ensuring that all components are operating within designed tolerances.
Long-term analysis and customer benefitAs NewVoiceMedia (now Vonage) has been testing and analyzing its platform’s performance since 2011, we have a substantial data set with which to monitor long-term performance trends.
We review and analyze the data to ensure that the infrastructure remains ahead of what’s needed to provide the level of contact center performance required by customers
- This review and analysis also guides further quality-of-service investment decisions
Proven cloud architectureVonage Contact Center uses a number of geographically dispersed nodes.
- A node provides the application, database, telephony, and infrastructure servers and networks that constitute the contact center platform
- To maximize cloud availability, we keep one more node in operation than the support of the client load requires
- Each of the nodes is a fully functional, continually tested live node
- This keeps all components in use and fully operational
TelephonyMajor international carriers provide our telephony circuits.
- These carriers route calls from any worldwide location—through their own resilient infrastructure and through multiple telephony circuits—into Vonage’s nodes
- To maintain peak operations, a bank of servers—plus at least two more servers than the system requires—provides the telephony functionality
Multiple database servers for resilience and contact center performance.
- We fully replicate client call plans and all supervisor and agent user settings in real time across the nodes
- This provides great flexibility in allowing clients access to any of the nodes’ services
- Switching between nodes is a quick, simple process
We perform a number of different testing techniques
MonitoringOur 24x7 operations team constantly monitors all services, applications, and telco and internet connections.
- Keeps all components operational
- Ensures no component exceeds 60 percent of its capacity