At Vonage, our employees are energized by the notion of “Be What’s Next. Right Now.” We’re constantly in a race with ourselves and the market to offer the best products and services to help our customers drive better experiences for their employees and customers, while also making Vonage a Destination Place to Work. To do that, we need a team of top talent that is fearless in the face of change. We believe in order to create an environment that supports our innovative spirit and fast pace, we must foster inclusion by being champions of fairness and equality.
We believe in equality and that if you can “be who you are,” you can do your best work. To us, that’s what being a Destination Place to Work is all about. We hope our employees find their time at Vonage to be a defining experience, so that when they look back they recall the impact they made on their teams, the organization and our customers.
We know that if we’re going to achieve our goals of becoming a Destination Place to Work and a high growth company that provides customers with the tools they need to transform their businesses through exceptional experiences, we need to have a balanced voice of different perspectives. One key area of focus to reachthat balance is gender diversity. As of 2019, the Vonage employee base is 72% male. We have work to do, and we’re working hard everyday to move the needle, with a short-term goal to increase our female population to 30%. While we are committed to hitting this initial target, it’s just the beginning of our efforts to achieve true balance at Vonage.
To accomplish this, we’ve ramped up our efforts in three core areas:
- Implemented a new applicant tracking system with capabilities that support our efforts in removing unconscious bias from our recruiting and hiring process
- Refreshed our job descriptions with gender neutral language
- Established new guidelines for hiring to ensure a fair balance when it comes to selecting candidates
- Focused efforts and emphasis on the need for an increase in senior female leadership
- Coming soon a series of podcasts with the purpose of giving potential candidates an inside look into the Vonage employee experience
Development & Advancement
- Implemented requirements for all employees to take unconscious bias eLearning training
- Provided all employees with an annual membership to Brandon Hall’s Women in Leadership Platform, which provides access to research, publications, executive interviews, podcasts and webinars on leadership, as well as diversity and inclusion topics
- Deployed a suite of leadership programs, manager training, and executive online courses for all employees
- Created opportunities for greater exposure and visibility for women at Vonage through speaking or podcast engagements and access to executive courses through top business schools
- Quarterly-sponsored networking events for Vonage women
- Implemented an ongoing review of gender pay disparity and resolution where needed
- We offer competitive benefits that support individuals in all stages of life such as parental leave, discretionary time off program, flexible working via our work from anywhere guidelines, tuition reimbursement
- Introduced “Leading to Win” - an expectation that all of our leaders demonstrate caring and respectful behavior
At Vonage, we’re focused on being inclusive and fair in everything we do so that its no longer something we talk about, but just part of the fabric of our company. We will continue to support our employees at all stages of their lives and careers, enabling them to do their best work, while we make their experience at Vonage positive, memorable and meaningful.
We believe each individual influences our company culture, and we all have a personal responsibility to foster fairness and inclusion. When we respect each other and work in an environment that upholds fairness and inclusion to the highest standard, we enable everyone around us to be our best selves so that Vonage can Be What’s Next. Right Now.
Inclusion and Fairness at Vonage
At Vonage, we celebrate diversity, as it is in the best interest of our employees, customers, and community to do so! Vonage is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all, including equivalent pay, and will not discriminate against an applicant or an employee based on gender/gender identity, race, color, ancestry/ethnicity, religion/conviction of belief, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, political beliefs, family status and any other category protected by applicable law. If you would like to see a copy of our EEO policy, or if you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].