HR Business Partner
Vonage Human Resources Mission: We act as a strategic partner with the business to maximize the value of Vonage’s greatest asset – our people. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings, acting as a catalyst to enable all Vonage employees to develop and contribute to their optimum potential. We leverage industry best practices. Our team is focused and committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining our high-performing global workforce.
Why this role matters
HR Business Partners serve as functional experts, client advocates, talent advisors and strategic partners to the organization. We work with line managers to clarify strategy, manage talent, create value added organizational capabilities and deliver supporting HR services. You can join our team as an HR Business Partner, providing comprehensive HR support to assigned business units.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
· Deliver the full range of HR services for assigned groups or departments.
· Act as a company advocate, advancing corporate culture and ensuring employees are supported and represented in a fair and consistent manner.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to ensure consistency in the execution of programs and procedures.
· Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems – escalating as needed.
· Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management and disciplinary action processes.
· Partner with managers to resolve employee relations issues, including termination of employment.
· Conduct effective, thorough and thoughtful investigations of identified issues.
· Partner with hiring managers, Recruiting / Talent Acquisition and other stakeholders to attract, develop and retain a diverse, engaged workforce.
· Participate in developing department goals, objectives and people-related management systems.
· Participate and provide advice in annual merit pay, incentive and related compensation programs.
· Educate and counsel employees on benefit options and assist with benefit administration.
· Work closely with local leaders to identify, coach and develop talent.
· Manage and enhance new hire onboarding processes.
· Monitor employee attrition through exit interviews; reporting findings and recommending retention / improvement strategies to management.
· Monitor and recommend strategies to deal with employee engagement and satisfaction issues.
· Ensure compliance with company policies and with regulatory requirements.
· Recommend new or updated policies and procedures in support of team and HR objectives.
· Create and compile reports and conduct analyses from the HRIS Oracle database.
What you will bring
· Strong working knowledge of the various HR disciplines (payroll, compensation, benefits, recruiting, organization effectiveness, change management, etc.).
· Knowledge of federal, state and local HR regulations and how these effect and are applied within a corporate setting.
· An open, credible communication style.
· Strong problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
· Ability to:
o Establish and maintain productive working relationships with diverse clients and stakeholders.
o Create and maintain a positive employee relations environment throughout complex and changing situations.
o Skillfully resolve conflict with positive solutions and outcomes.
o Maintain the highest standards of integrity, confidentiality and business ethics.
What is required for application
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business or related discipline.
· Corporate HR Business Partner or similar experience (3-4 years).
· Master’s Degree.
· HR certification.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move: Senior HR Business Partner
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.